We see lots of coconuts in the water. At least it’s “natural”.
You’d expect seeing stuff floating in the water near populated areas but the magnitude of trash in the water and washed ashore around here is disheartening. We began seeing an increase of trash in the waterway as we neared Miami. So far it’s continued. Sad.
Here’s a list of stuff we’ve seen so far:
– Small and large dock bumpers
– Plastic milk crates
– 5 gallon plastic buckets
– Styrofoam crab/lobster pot floats
– Rope ( so much freakin’ rope!)
– Plastic drink bottles
– Assorted paper/ foil wrappers
– Tennis balls ( so many freakin’ tennis balls!)
– Fishing Rod
– Baby Sippy cup
Help support the Waterkeeper Alliance a group that promotes maintaining drinkable, swimmable, and fishable waterways. You’ll find their link in the side bar.
Marc and Jim