That’s about all there was to do today. We got clobbered by bands of heavy rain, thunder, and lightning at various times during the day.
So thankful we elected to rent this funky camper instead of pitching a tent. I’m sure we’d be laying in 2 inches of water right now.
The massive cold front extending the entire east coast is delaying our paddling. The temps plummet to 27 degrees with highs only reaching 50 degrees. If we flip a yak in these temps we risk getting into a danger situation during a rescue and hypothermia becomes a concern. We always opt for safety.
So one more day here. Our plan now is to launch on Thanksgiving Day and head to our next camp spot.
Thanks for all your Tweets, comments, and emails. They make us smile.
Marc and Jim