Jim and I get asked often if we’re doing this paddle for any particular charity or organization. Yes! This adventure gives us the opportunity to raise awareness for a couple areas of individual interest.
For Jim, it’s the Wounded Warrior Project. Their mission is simple- “To honor and empower Wounded Warriors”. They do this by:
- raising awareness and enlisting the public’s aid for the needs of injured service members.
- helping injured service members aid and assisting each other.
- providing unique, direct programs and services to meet the needs of injured service members.
For Marc, it’s the Waterkeeper Alliance. This organization focuses on achieving swimmable, drinkable, and fishable waterways worldwide. They do this by:
- providing a voice for waterways
- protecting watersheds
- advocating local water quality issues
Please check out their websites and if you choose- Donate!
Marc and Jim